Even with routine maintenance and timely repairs, your home’s heating and cooling systems will eventually reach the end of their service life and need replacement. However, it’s not always clear when that time has come. So how do you know when to replace your furnace, air conditioner, or both?
Signs You Need to Replace Your Air Conditioner or Furnace
Whether it’s your heating or cooling equipment, the signs that you need replacement are similar. However, you’ll notice them at different times since your systems do not run simultaneously.
Be on the lookout for these signs of trouble:
- Rising Utility Bills: Furnaces and air conditioners become less efficient as they age because of failing and worn-out components. This increases energy consumption, even with routine maintenance and proper insulation.
- Frequent Repairs: Older units are more likely to break down over time. If you notice repairs have become more frequent and costlier, replacing the unit may be more cost-effective than repairs.
- Uneven Temperatures: If you start to experience inconsistent temperatures throughout your home, your heating or cooling system might no longer be able to meet your indoor climatic requirements.
- Unusual Noises: While your furnace or air conditioner does not operate quietly, that does not mean it should make strange, loud noises while running. Often, this is a hint that something is wrong with your unit.
- Longer Run Times: If either system takes too long to heat or cool your home, it may be nearing the end of its useful life or incorrectly sized, requiring replacement. Ideally, the system should run for 10 to 20 minutes and cycle two to three times per hour to maintain your desired indoor temperature.
Reach out to a trusted heating and cooling installation contractor to explore your options.
Is There a Best Time to Replace a Furnace or Air Conditioner?
The best time to replace your air conditioner or furnace is during the shoulder seasons of spring and fall. Here’s why.
Availability of Technicians
Homeowners may think that summer is the best time for a new furnace and winter for an air conditioner because of reduced demand; after all, who needs heating when it’s hot outside? However, this is not the case because most HVAC professionals are inundated with requests for emergency repairs and replacements due to systems failing during the months when they are most used.
As a result, you’ll have to wait longer for an available technician to install your new heating or cooling unit. Plus, you likely have to pay more for their services due to increased demand.
Spring and fall usually have mild temperatures, so service calls during these periods are relatively fewer than during heating and cooling seasons. As a result, homeowners are less likely to shop for new equipment, while heating and cooling contractors may be clearing out their old inventory to make way for newer, more efficient models.
Most HVAC companies launch seasonal marketing campaigns like freebies, special offers, discounts, and service bundles to spur business during the lull. With Absolute Air, you can save as much as $3,200 to upgrade your HVAC. We’ll also offer you 0% interest financing if you want to replace your furnace or air conditioner.
Absolute Air offers some of the best discounts and rebates on HVAC equipment. We also guarantee all rebates and will pay the difference if your rebate is returned at a lower amount than promised.
Choosing to replace your air conditioner and furnace in the spring or fall gives you enough time to explore the best options for your needs rather than settling for the first ones that come along. You can list the most energy-efficient, up-to-date features and highly regarded manufacturers with long warranties.
Save more when buying a new furnace or air conditioner in the following situations:
- Your unit is nearing the end of its lifespan
- Bundling the replacement of your heating and cooling systems
- During renovations or home additions
Choose Absolute Air to Replace Your Heating and Cooling System
For over two decades, Utah residents have relied on Absolute Air to provide reliable heating and cooling services for their homes. We take great pride in our work, which is why we’ve become one of the leading HVAC companies in the Beehive State. To ensure your satisfaction, we also guarantee all our services, including air conditioning and furnace replacement.
Reach out to our team today, and we’ll be happy to answer your inquiries or schedule an appointment for service.