Try These Money-Saving Tips!
Free-flowing water and functioning toilets are often taken for granted. We go about our indoor routines just expecting everything to work. But what happens when your toilet backs up or that showerhead isn’t streaming warm water? You pay attention then, don’t you? If you’re like most homeowners, it’s the one time you do. But don’t worry. When it comes to plumbing troubles, the master plumbers at Absolute Air will glide in and fix those pipes when something goes awry.
Tips for Preventing Plumbing Hiccups
Of course, once we get your pipes back on track, you’ll want to keep the water flowing with ease. To keep indoor comfort in peak condition, it’s important to keep tabs on all of your plumbing throughout the year. Here are five tips for keeping those pipes working smoothly and the water flowing freely.
- Turn off the taps. Are you guilty of keeping the faucet on when you brush your teeth? If so, now is the time to nip that bad habit in the bud. Don’t leave water running when there’s not an immediate need for it. In addition, always be sure taps are turned off all the way after use. Not only will a dripping faucet become annoying, but leaky faucets can waste up to 15 gallons of water per day. That’s a lot of extra money on your water bill!
- Listen to your toilets. Is your toilet making strange gurgling sounds? Or have you noticed wet marks around the base of the commode? This is an early indication that tree roots could be placing pressure on your pipes—especially if your house was built before 1990. Call for a plumbing appointment!
- Protect your drains. Be sure you’re being kind to your drains. Refrain from pouring hot cooking grease down your kitchen sink. Over time, the grease can solidify and block your pipes.
- Use your garbage disposal properly. Certain foods are banned from the garbage disposal for a reason. Chicken skin, banana peels, nuts, pits, etc., are not kind to your disposal. Be mindful of what you put down your drain. If you’re not, you could experience unwanted damage.
- Go with the low flow. Reduce water consumption and lower your water bill by installing a low-flow showerhead in your bathroom!
Call Us When You’re Feeling Drained
Don’t wait until your plumbing backs up before calling our master plumbers. Consider annual plumbing maintenance or join our Absolute Comfort Club so your family can avoid water problems throughout the year. Call us today at 801.491.8640.